1.06.2007

it's cookie time, it's cookie time!

For those of you who grew up on the comedy Troop Beverly Hills, the title will hold a special place in your heart! Moving along, I'm hoping it's not too late to be posting about all our wonderful Christmas fun... We did go 'home,' both of our families are out side of Chicago - but we had no snow! Not a flake in sight! Since we couldn't go sledding we had to come up with some other things to do. We spent Saturday with both families baking cookies and other treats and enjoying gourmet soup compliments of chef Grafton. And we finally learned how to play Settlers of Catan!



Then started the Christmas extravaganza! Christmas eve with James' dad, Christmas morning with his mom and Christmas evening with my parents! It was non stop! James flew home early Tuesday moring and I stayed the rest of the week with my family. Stacie and I did a lot of shopping :) and we took a beading class at La Beada Loca. And last but not least we laughed and laughed as we strolled down memory lane while watching, you guessed it, Troop Beverly Hills!

(Moms, if I ever get around to it I'll post the pictures from our other Christmas stuff!)

7 comments:

Katie Barker said...

wow! a new post. I am so happy. And what a good one.

Those are fantastic cookies, so detailed and colorful. I never would have guessed how much went into it. You guys were serious about cookie decorating!

Anonymous said...

about time for you to post again!! :) great pictures....wish I had made christmas cookies...bought everything and just didn't get around to it!! crazy busy but I'll live vicariously thru you!! :)

Anonymous said...

about time for you to post again!! :) great pictures....wish I had made christmas cookies...bought everything and just didn't get around to it!! crazy busy but I'll live vicariously thru you!! :)

jeileenbaylor said...

Jess--I love the pictures! They are so colorful and have such great angles! Thanks for sharing the experience. I felt like i was there making them with you :o)
Happy New year/ Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Great post. Wonderful memories. Miss you guys already! Looking forward to the time when we can get together again. Love you!

T.J. and Shannon said...

I don't think I've ever seen so many creatively decorated Christmas cookies. It looks like you had a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Hey Friend - looks like a blast. Don't forget about the first weekend in February - our date to go to the flea market thingy!
Julie