12.05.2006

Black is Black!



I LOVE black Friday!! For anyone who loves to shop, this is the most glorious day of all! And, I do love to shop! Perhaps there is no better way to enter into the holiday spirit than hit the stores at 5 a.m. the day after Thanksgiving. The hustle and bustle, great deals, and blaring Christmas music - the only thing that would have made our day better would have been snow. We actually didn't head out until 8:00, and for those who don't like a crowd, may I suggest MacArthur in downtown Norfolk. We had a parking spot right outside the door, and there wasn't a ton of people there at all (a clerk told us the "rush" comes between 1-4 black Friday). We finished off morning in Chesapeake, and enjoyed lunch at Don Pablo's. James went off to work and I headed right back to the stores!

Total gifts left to purchase before Christmas: 4

Oh, and yes, WE - James and I went shopping! For not sharing my love of shopping, he did quite well, there were only a few moments of heavy breathing ;)

13 comments:

Katie Barker said...

I like the pic of the bags. Great shot! You're such a classy shopper! - Harry and Davids, Pottery Barn, Bath and Body Works. . . sheesh! Now one question for you. Does the crowd to MacArthur come at 1 in the morning or 1 in the afternoon?

Oh - and really glad to see a new post!

Anonymous said...

ditto katie's comment!!! we've got most of our shopping done too but decided to use the internet this year for most of it! it does cut out some of the fuss - but also some of the fun! :)


**oh and love your lights!! :)

Anonymous said...

More people are shopping on-line this year which is really hurting the stores! Glad that you and James had a great day shopping. Nice seeing you in JC Penny! Give me a call this week if you have spare time to get together for coffee.

Anonymous said...

I like the picture of the bags too;) Did you ever take a class in photohraphy? You're so creative;)

sarah

Anonymous said...

SUPER EXCITING STUFF!!! Glad you finally posted again...if you're gonna have a blog you'll have to update it more than this! :) Presents left for me to buy...1 BIRTHDAY present!!! BEAT you!

jess said...

Lindsay, hope your cookies turn out alright - you'll have to share a sample!

We were only classy shoppers because we, rather, James won us some major gift cards that we used to buy our presents with! Gotta love HSBC!

Kristen, we will get that coffe in!

Sarah, I have yet to take a photography class - mabye Santa will enroll me for a Christmas present! I actually have some money set aside to take one, do you know of any places around here that are reasonable?

Katie Barker said...

I have like 5 ppl on the Zakes side. I'm done with the Barkers! woo hoo. that's an accomplishment b/c it meant I sent them with them at Thanksgiving. I still need to do lots for Tim and some for random co-workers and friends. But I am waiting to finish up the rest of my classes, so I can really enjoy the holiday maddness :)

Anonymous said...

well--I hope you get your photography class--and not a 'photohraphy' class as I wrote. And I will wish for a spelling class perhaps?!
sarah;)

T.J. and Shannon said...

You're a girl after my own heart. I love to shop as well - but of course, you knew that already. :) Glad you got so much done.

Anonymous said...

I did most of my online shopping online as well this year, but I do LOVE to shop! I am hoping I get giftcards from my kids, so that I can shop til I drop :o)

Katie Barker said...

it's way past Christmas shopping, so can you please post something new??

Anonymous said...

Jess, what an interesting and fun writer you are! One more way you are so creative!! I love reading your blog. Sometime I'm going to have to start my own. We loved having you and James home for Christmas. God is good! Thanks for the wonderful presents.

Anonymous said...

hey...i can see the pictures FINALLY!!!!