7.29.2008

Here's Baby!!




We had our 20wk ultrasound about 2 1/2 weeks ago and it was the most amazing thing!! Talk about taking your pregnancy to a whole other level - this really made it seem so much more real for us! And we were able to have it video taped (you know we've been watching it at least once a week)!! And it's still a surprise!! Yippie!!


This was my favorite pic - something about those tiny feet!! I just want to kiss them!!




Some other pregnancy news for those thinking of having babies or those already in the thick of it - two things you should check out.

***DISCLAIMER: I'm coming to discover that what beliefs and decisions people make about child birth is right up there with their beliefs about politics and religion. I see no need trying to sway people from their current position... so though we are hoping for a natural birth process it doesn't mean it's for everyone and who knows I still may want those drugs!! But I do feel that you should make an informed decision before you pull the trigger about your birth location... so to each his own - just get informed!!***


1. The Business of Being Born is an excellent video, though it's a proponent of home birth, those choosing a midwife/birth center, or hospital I think would find the information helpful. Knowledge is power - so knowing what your options are before you hit the hospital and just blindly follow suit is a good idea. (On a personal note - I totally cried!! It took away all my fears about birth and made me super excited about the whole experience!!) And hello - it's not like a bunch of fanatical Christians made it, it's feminist in nature, but they have some sweet things to say. You can check out the trailer here http://www.thebusinessofbeingborn.com/ and I'm told you can even rent through netflix. (Kudos to my pal Michelle Helm for introducing me to the video).


2. Prenatal Fitness Fix with Erin O'Brien. So those of you who know me know that I am not a exercise buff, to say the least... meaning I NEVER EXERCISE. Our midwife has been strongly encouraging me to take it up, since this will be like the hardest thing I've ever done. So thanks to my good pal Shannon Logsdon I've actually been giving it a shot. She shared this video with me and I love it because:


  • She's human (and also prego herself)!! Erin exercises in her own living room, with no make-up and at one point wearing at t-shirt and what looks like her husbands boxers. (You feel anybody can do this you don't have to be a trim and beautiful barbie doll).

  • But let not this down to earth look fool you - she's a personal trainer who knows her stuff! Check out the DVD cover for her creds. but take it from me she's a great coach. Tells you the do's and don't -shows you what they look like and gives great tips on actually isolating the muscles you're supposed to be using - you know so you're actually exercising!!

  • Erin doesn't push it. She's pregnant too, and tells you when too much is too much.

  • There's a pee break half way through ;)

  • If you have a couch and a coffee table you can do all of the exercises!! Leave the weights at the gym!!

  • If you're already super buff and need more of a challenge, she has a partner workout segment that provides you with much more resistance.

Know of any other good mommy to be videos or books please share!! I'm currently looking into doing my own baby food so any resources on that I'd be interested in!


Read any of the Sears baby books? I heard their SUPER!




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that your pregnancy is going well! How exciting!
Just wanted to add my two cents about the Sears books - they're great! I highly recommend them. There's also a website - Ask Dr. Sears. It's very helpful.

Janelle

Anonymous said...

Simply incredible! God's amazing marvel and miracle! So exciting!Thanks for sharing. We love all three of you!
MOM G

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Sweet ultrasound....this phase of life is just so much fun!!! Thanks for the suggestions!!

LMLogan said...

aawww super cute ultrasounds!! :) wish we could be there to celebrate it all w/ you!! can't wait to "see" little froly!!! :)

jeileenbaylor said...

oh my! What cute pics of your little one! I LOVE the one of the feet - how cute! And thanks for the resources. I will be looking into those! So funny about your disclaimer - after you left the barbecue on Sat. night - we ladies talked about that same concept - that birthing issues are SO very personal! Thanks again though. It was wonderful seeing you again! You look fantastic!

Tiffany Wagner said...

Awww, congratulations you guys!! It is truly an amazing thing how God created us to carry and deliver babies! Enjoy each moment!

The Howard's said...

So I decided to look up your blog, to see how you guys were doing, and to my surprise I find an adorable ultrasound picture. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you both :-) Scott & I are in TX now. I'll write soon with details.

Love,
Tab

kellyH said...

that 20 weeks ultrasound is the best!!! (next to meeting the little one, I suppose!) I have seen info about that movie and I want to try to see it sometime. thanks for the info!

Bethany said...

Jess - You had me laughing! Thanks for your post...although I am quite a few weeks behind on reading it!

Laura D said...

Jess just saw a picture of you on Sarah B's blog. You are looking so cute these days. Can't wait to meet Baby though!