4.01.2007

Green Thumb...

This week I decided to try my hand at some gardening! Last year on the deck I had bought flowers and had them in some pots and a box hanging on the railing, but this year I decided to start everything from seeds. I picked some flowers and herbs and am hoping that this moonflower vine will cover the entire railing and transform it into a green wall of delight! I've got 50 some little pots going - crossing my fingers that they all sprout!

Since I'm so new to the gardening scene, I called up my dad for some advice... he suggested these peat pots - you plant the entire pot into the ground or larger container after it's sprouted! No messy transplanting - how cool is that! (I'm also trying the peat pellet - similar concept). I'd love any other tips from you seasoned gardeners out there... share, share, share!


PS - James and I grabbed a quick bite at KFC this past week. We tried there new BIG BOX meal, it's got a little of everything in it and when you 'super size' it you get this HUGE 1/2 gallon soda to drink! The picture doesn't do it justice, we couldn't believe how gigantic it was.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

that picture of james is HILARIOUS!

jeileenbaylor said...

I hope the flowers work out for you, I DO NOT have a green thumb! Everything anyone gives me dies!

juliechall said...

That thing is massive!!!! I need advice on gardening too - so let me know how things go!

Julie

T.J. and Shannon said...

I've yet to grow anything from seeds. The past couple summers, I've just bought the flowers after they've already bloomed and then planted them. I'm excited to see how everything turns out for you.
P.S.
Any suggestions on where to find pirate costumes??

Anonymous said...

you'd better blog about me coming to visit you!

Anonymous said...

buFinally got your blog about the flowers. Loved the picture of James. That drink is masssive! Love you both. MOM G

LMLogan said...

oh I've got to come over and see those things!! I'm impressed hun!! :) is this your spring break too?

Karis said...

I found your blog off someone else's. It was good talking with you on Saturday! We are excited to see how God leads you and James even if it happens to include deputation!

No advice on gardening here...

Katie Barker said...

Love plantings. How are they doing? Anything coming up yet?