12.16.2008

Baby Has Arrived!


It's a boy!!! Jude Martin Frohlich was born on November 23 @ 5:07 am. He weighed exactly 8lbs. and was 211/4 inches long. (He was much bigger than we expected.) We are so thankful to have him here alive and well. As many of you know we had quite a few complications, making our hopes for a natural birth impossible... But alas our midwife was still able to get in on the action and take some wonderful pictures - thank goodness, I could barely keep my eyes open! Dealing with the disappointment of the c-seciton has been a difficult adjustment mentally and physically and on top of that the little one was having some feeding dramas. After loosing 17% of his birth weight, he's finally back up to 8.2lbs. - it was a nerve recking couple of weeks, but we're both doing MUCH better now. So... thanks for all your understanding and patience as I've just now started to reconnect with the world! We had family in giving us a hand and celebrating Thanksgiving with us and we're heading home for Christmas in just a few days - so if you called - thanks so much!! It meant a lot to hear from everyone - and I do plan on calling you all back, but I thought you'd want to know some details before the holiday! In case I don't catch you before then - Merry Christmas!!

Touching baby for the first time.


I don't know if you can see it or not, but James is wearing his LUCKY shirt!! We joked as he dressed on Saturday, that maybe the shirt would come through for us - sure enough! 2:00 on Saturday baby started making his way into the world.

"I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh praise the greatness of our God. He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he." Deut. 32:3-4

14 comments:

Katie Barker said...

Oh my dear friend! Your versefrom Deut, is such a good promise! And I'm glad the midwife could get those first pictures of you touching him! I can't wait to see you in only a few days!! Love all 3 of you.

cranny + b said...

Oh Jess, these pictures are so great! I love the one of you touching Jude's little foot!!

Had no idea bout the lucky shirt. . .you must fill me in some time.

Would love to see you before Christmas but know you are so busy. . .so I will say Merry Christmas now:)

It was so wonderful to see you on Sunday. I've been praying for you and I greatly look forward to catching up with you after Christmas!

Love,
Sarah

Laura D said...

Yeah! I am so glad Jude is doing well. It was great to see you on Sunday. You were surrounded by friends so I decided to wait my turn. Can't wait to see your new little one though. He looks so cute in the pictures! Great pictures!! Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Wendy said...

Congratulations Jessica & James!

We are so excited for you! Baby boys are amazing!

LMLogan said...

oh yay a post and pics!! :) how wonderful! he's so precious! and I hear you about the c-section....me wanting to be a midwife and can't even know what labor is like - well, I'm sorry jess - I TOTALLY KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!! but he makes up for all the disappointment! :) it gets better....I still struggle sometimes, but I have to remember VBACS are becoming popular and there's always next time! ;) love you girl! wanted to call but glad I didn't since you've seem to have had a lot! miss you! keep up our little street for us!

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Jess, I am so glad you posted...Jude looks like such a cutie! I wish I could see you guys in person. But I do want to say congrats!!! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas this year as a mommy for the first time!!!

Karis said...

Congratulations. I love the last picture of your faces together! I am very happy for you. Wow... so many memories of that first month with a new baby flood my mind. I used to get tired of hearing "Enjoy! It will go by all too quickly" but now I know how true it is so I can't refrain from throwing it in here even if you sigh as you read it. :-) Merry Christmas.

S said...

Congratulations Jess & James! We are so happy for you and have a special place in our hearts for December babies! :) (Esther is the 22nd) I know all about c-sections and the disappointment and recovery that comes from that. Take it easy, enjoy your baby and rest when you can! Love you guys!

Kristin said...

Congrats! We've been praying for you all. Jude is a cute little guy; can't wait to meet him. Merry Christmas!

kellyH said...

I am so glad to see the little guy - congrats on the boy! I hear they're the best. :) I hope God is pouring grace & strenth out on you, especially these first few weeks as you recover.

Anonymous said...

Jess I'm so happy for you and I'm glad that you had such a beautiful and healthy baby. The pictures are really cute!

Max lost a bunch of weight at first and had trouble figuring out the whole eating thing but then he made up for it by eating constantly for the next 3 months. It was scary and frustrating at first, though, so I'm glad you've made it past that stage successfully.

Have an awesome Christmas! I'll call you sometime in January after all the holiday fuss is over.

jeileenbaylor said...

Love the pictures dear and it is so good to hear from you. We know things have been difficult - so we have been thinking of you and praying for you and your family often! So good to see you clinging to the promises of the Lord. May your family be blessed this Holiday season!

Bethany said...

Congrats, Jess and James! We are so glad Jude arrived safe and sound!!

cadovius said...

Jess!!! He is gorgeous. I am happy you are on the mend. The pictures are wonderful. I hope yall have a glorious holiday! We sure miss yall
love
Deb and Adam and the boys