7.05.2008

a baby, a belly, and a bunch of other stuff...


The long awaited pictures... This is baby at 8wks :) lets just say it's a lot bigger now and defenatly making it's presence known!! This Thursday will be 20wks and we are scheduled for another ultrasound - which we just found out we can have video taped :) - and we're hoping to NOT find out about the gender. And here is the belly picture... keep in mind, it's being aided a little by dinner and a really cute top! We have also received a few baby goodies from a shower I had at work, they're piling up in husband's office.



As for the bunch of other stuff, there has been a lot going on. Some happy and some sad - We spent Easter with the Graftons, Stacie graduated in May, husband took a summer class, we felt baby kicking for the first time, Mom2 was in town for a visit, we took a trip to Gettysburg, Jana was married, Sarah had a baby and we witnessed the loss of a earthly life and the beginning of a heavenly one. Joy and sorrow as we've heard the triumps and struggles of our friends these past few months. (And we are still praying for God to meet many of your needs!). It seems our hears have been filled to overflowing one day and heavily burdened the next. We've been upheld by remembering that there is a time and season for everything, and we're learning to embrace the weeping and the laughing, the life of a child a the death of a friend.

As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is
formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of
God, the Maker of all things. However many years a man may live, let
him enjoy them all. But let him remember the days of darkness, for
they will be many. Everything to come is meaningless. Be happy, young
man, while you are young, and let your heart give you joy in the days of
your youth. Follow the ways of your heart and whatever your eyes
see, but know that for all these things God will bring you to
judgment. So then, banish anxiety from your heart... (Ecc.11)


7 comments:

LMLogan said...

yay a post and good pics to go along w/ it!! I'm so excited for you guys!! wish we could be there to celebrate w/ you and can't wait to see the little one!! isn't it amazing to feel it moving all around!! :)
sorry to hear of the loss of a loved one! can't wait to see the baby's room!! miss you!!

Wendy said...

Jessica I'm so excited for you guys! I just found out I'm pregnant with Baby #2 --- due in March.

You are a cute pregnant woman!

jeileenbaylor said...

Oh I am so glad to see some pics - you are just sooo cute! I love that top! Thanks for the tip on the maternity clothes shopping. I guess we are only about 2 weeks apart - how fun :o) And I am glad that you got some goodies at the work shower - that's always fun! Well - I hope the rest of your pregnancy is fabulous !!!

Laura D said...

You are looking so cute! I've been waiting for a post so I could congratulate you guys! Didn't want to be the one to "spill the beans" on the blog... and I never seemed to be on the same side of the church whenever I saw you!

Molly D said...

Pregnancy looks beautiful on you! I just happened to click over from Wendy's blog and it was fun to see your lovely picture and hear your happy news. I'm pregnant too with a little bro/sis for Betsy, due around Valentine's Day. Isn't it crazy that Wendy and I are due three weeks apart?! Fun stuff! Congrats!

Don & Katrina Hines said...

Hey!!! I haven't seen you or have spoken to you since I found out your great news! CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are so happy for you guys! Looking forward to seeing your new bundle of joy!

MattDJ said...

Wow Jess! After seeing you in some of Mere's pics from last night, I thought I'd stop by to say "hey" and am leaving feeling totally blessed by this post. Awesome!

What an exciting time for you three!!! ;-)